Tattoos have become an incredible part of fashion since ancient times. A mere thought of tattooing brings about Goosebumps as it takes lot courage and daring to get your body inked. Book of kells inspired the discovery of Celtic art which is an elaborated manuscript running into the veins of fashion since 800 AD.
The scope of art has no end since it is a continuous running circle which goes on getting bigger with the addition of newer trends. Read! You will understand every single thing about Celtic Tattoo Designs for Girls and Boys.
Celtic Tattoo Designs and Meanings
Eternal Knot Celtic Tattoo Art
- An intertwined and interconnected bond between humans to sustain through life is what knot tattoo designs signify.
- Knot tattoo designs are one of the most awesome Celtic tattoo designs for girls and boys. Awesome interlocked knot designs with superb shapes become quite fascinating when worn with bright colors. You may also add up a heart, tree or crow design into the knots to detail it exclusively.
- Triquetra knot artwork is an amazing type of Celtic tattoos which consist of three similar shaped corners symbolizing physical, mental and spiritual layers of human body.
Spiral Celtic Tattoo designs
Spiral designs symbolize the three stages of life and also the continuous process of construction and destruction. It gains an authentically classy look especially when worn on arms and lower back just above the hips. The multicolored patchwork on the body including flower designs is exclusively unique and well known amongst the teenagers nowadays.
Dragon Celtic Arts
Since ancient times, dragons have been a greater fascinating part because of its different characteristics including fire which is considered to purify the soul when tattooed. A dragon requires a larger area to get inked increasing the probability to be drawn at back covering the chest and also the abdomen for men while women often go for the ones which are elaborated leaving no part over breasts in flaunting colors. If you are not in favor of such a huge design, you may go for a short sexy Celtic tattoo designs drawn on arms or shoulder.
Butterfly Celtic Designs
- It won’t be wrong to say that butterflies are one of the most beautiful creations of God and yes, they are included as an incredible part of Celtic tattoo culture and tradition signifying ultimate love and beauty.
- These designs are likely to be worn by women since it symbolizes femininity and delicacy. Since the butterfly gets transformed from not so good looking caterpillar to an incomparably beautiful butterfly exploring another significance by Irish crowd.
- The famous story of princess Etain and king Midir gave birth to butterfly tattoo designs with maidens over it. Those artworks look natural in every single color and shape.
- You may get an awesome butterfly tattooed at your lower abdomen, above the breast or arms. Butterfly tattoo designs look sexier when worn at the lower back.
Celtic Cross Tattoo Designs
Knot designs and spirals can be combined to form a unique and awesome Celtic tattoo designs for men and women which has been a part of tradition since 5th century. It basically symbolizes religion, faith in God and Holy Spirit. Since it is deeply connected with the nature, you may also include images natural beauty such as flowers or animals and stars and skies. If you wish to wear a traditional look, go for a black ink instead of colors; though the current trend is witnessing multicolored ones as well.
History was one of the reasons behind everybody’s existence and the all new trends in fashion and tattooing. You are, now, completely aware of the ongoing craze of tattoos amongst tattoo lovers. This article might have helped you in choosing the sexy tattoo for yourself so as to achieve a traditional look. Do share your views regarding the post and questions or anything running into your mind about Celtic tattoos.